Adrian Mouat is the Chief Scientist for Container Solutions, a pan-European services company who specialise in Docker and Mesos. Container Solutions focuses on the tools and how best to create environments for their successful adoption.
Adrian has recently worked developing a Docker based PaaS solution for a hosting company and has written several successful blogs on Docker. He is currently writing a book on Docker for O’Reilly publishing.
YOW! 2015 Sydney
Using Docker Safely
TALK – VIEW SLIDES
The security of containers has been a hotly discussed topic. This talk will explain the main concerns around container security, and offer some best practices and guidance for addressing them. The guiding philosophy is “defense in depth”; no one layer or tool should be relied upon to provide complete security.
The topics covered will include:
- The isolation guarantees of containers
- Using Content Trust to make sure your images haven’t been tampered with
- How to limit the resources that containers can access
- How to audit and monitor containers
- Using VMs and containers together to maximise security and efficiency
- How to safely share secrets (API keys, passwords) with containers